Skip to main content

Incident Information Release: Worker suffers flash burns

SafeWork NSW

Version: 
2022.
 (
Current
)
Publication date
February 2022
Pages
2
Current status
Current
Description
A 34 year-old worker was injured while working on the balcony of a townhouse in Botany. A temporary plastic canopy was installed over the balcony to act as a rain barrier. The worker was undertaking waterproofing at the time using a highly flammable solvent-based contact adhesive, membrane sheets and a hot air tool. An open plastic bucket containing the decanted adhesive ignited, and remained on fire, resulting in second to third degree burns to both legs of the worker. Parts of the balcony, including the plastic canopy, caught on fire.
Scope
Release includes safety information and related Safework NSW links.
Collections
Attribution
NSW Government
Licence
© All Rights Reserved
NSW
Sector
Residential
Commercial
Civil
Industrial
Incident Information Release: Worker suffers flash burns 2022 cover 2022