Providing employment, planning and consultation about return to work
The purpose of this compliance code is to help employers comply with the law in relation to returning injured workers to work.
Section 97 of the Act sets out the purpose of the Act in relation to return to work. The purpose is to provide:
• that employers, workers and other persons involved in the return to work process cooperate to ensure that workers successfully return to work
• that employers are responsible for providing pre-injury employment or suitable employment to enable workers to return to work
• that workers are responsible for participating in the return to work process consistent with their capacity for work
• for workers to be represented, assisted and supported in the return to work process, and
• for effective occupational rehabilitation for workers to facilitate their early and sustainable return to work.
Part 4 of the Act sets out the obligations of employers and workers in relation to return to work. The Act also sets out the maximum penalties for non-compliance with obligations under the Act.
3: How To Comply
Appendix A: The Return To Work Compliance Framework
Appendix B: Terminology From The Act
Appendix C: Worksheet To Assess Suitable Employment Options
Appendix D: Documentation Of Return To Work Arrangements
Appendix E: Further Information
Other Return To Work Compliance Codes
Other Useful References